#1951 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Spring storms are warming up. Looks like we will have a chance of rain ever few days for the next couple of weeks. The grass is greening up and growing. The lawnmower is cleaned, oiled and fueled.The problem is the operator is old, gray and tried of some 60 + years of doing lawns. However I may have found a suitable substitute operator. The Grandson is looking for a way to support his fishing habit. What kind of granddad would I be if I did not offer him this entrepreneurial opportunity? And I can take advantage of those many years of supervisory experience.  :)

Edited by CV3, 27 March 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#1952 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

I've been watching my grass grow too.  Not looking forward to pushing the mower but I don't want to wait too long either.

It's been rainy the last few days so I can put it off until things dry out some anyway.

I sold 3 sticks over the weekend.  It left my already too small inventory even smaller.  Not a bad problem to have but it does mean I have to hurry up and make some more sticks.

Rodney

#1953 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Still a foot or two of snow covering the grass here in Maine, so my mower is doing its secondary job: something to stack crap on until spring. Mostly stick blanks and partially completed sticks, at the moment.

#1954 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

I steamed a couple hazel shanks last night and straightened them.  I'm finally getting some of my natural shanks dry enough to work with.  Most won't be ready till late summer though. Waiting for sticks to dry is worse than watching paint dry.

Rodney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

dww2