• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Hahne

Jeff Hahne

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

Wanted to introduce myself before I start posting.  My name is Jeff and I'm primarily a metal artist but I broke my pelvis about a year ago so I've found myself needing the help of a cane to get around.

I've built a few sticks and canes over the years but only a few.  Now that I actually need one to get around, I find myself drawn to stick making.

I don't have any photos of sticks I've made but I'll try to get some soon.  In the meantime, here's a photo of a recent piece of metal art that I did.

Somehow, I'm going to figure out how to combine my love for metal art with stick making.

I look forward to learning from you all.

Attached Thumbnails

• 15138414_10209106881003878_8817390560839695934_o.jpg

#2 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Hello Jeff and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your work. There are many examples of metal  enhanced canes. Many using silver. I spent some time in the Joseph and Bend Oregon back in the early 80's. Beautiful State!   

• Jeff Hahne likes this

#3 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Welcome!

Nice looking work.

Take a look around on the internet and Pinterest at canes and walking sticks.  I think you'll find plenty of ideas there, at least things that will inspire you to create your own designs.

Rodney

• Jeff Hahne likes this

#4 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hey Jeff, welcome. Really cool fish you made. Love the brindled mastiff in your profile picture; looks like a sweet pup.

• Jeff Hahne likes this

#5 MJC4

MJC4

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationNW Indiana

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Welcome aboard Jeff. Looking forward to seeing you marry wood and metal art into a stick.

#6 Jeff Hahne

Jeff Hahne

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

Hey Jeff, welcome. Really cool fish you made. Love the brindled mastiff in your profile picture; looks like a sweet pup.

Thanks, dww2.  Yeah, he's an amazing dog.  Just turned two and he's 210 pounds.  He's a Certified Therapy Dog and goes to visit places like retirement homes but he's also my service dog.

• dww2 likes this

#7 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Wow. That's a good sized pup. I bet he's a hit when you take him on visits. Gentle giant.

The gf and I had a mastiff a while back. We got SO lucky with him; didn't drool unless you were eating something he knew he was going to get a little nibble of. He lived to be just shy of 12, and was active right up to the end. One of the best dogs I've ever known. Great role model for our little Boston Terror, Bea (not a typo. LOL)

Attached Thumbnails

• 006.JPG

Edited by dww2, 22 March 2017 - 09:04 AM.

• Jeff Hahne likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users