• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lucio76

Lucio76

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hi, I hope that I'm not in the wrong place to promote an eBay auction; I'm trying to sell a very eccentric walking stick handle on eBay, I would to show it: 

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1586.l2649

:)

#2 cobalt

cobalt

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationBoston. England

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

it certainly is erotic ,but should appeal to some collectors ,i couldnt see any maks on the handle , there not hall marks are they? pity you cant work them out it would give you a lot of information

#3 Lucio76

Lucio76

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

fwsvd.jpg

Did you see these pictures?

sxcg.jpg

#4 cobalt

cobalt

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I dont think its very old the proportion of the figure isnt quite right theres not much natural wear on the handle not much detail on the hands and feet any good casting would have well proptioned hands and feet its always a sign of quality.

The carton  characture would put any serious collector of and suspect its just a novelty item made in the third world.

As for the whole look of the item some will consider it disgusting but from a art point of view  its not very good. sorry

#5 Lucio76

Lucio76

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

Thank you. I appreciate your professional rating. I'm not an expert, actually it's the first time that I try to sell an walking stick handle but anyway I was almost sure  that it was not a treasure, neither that it was antique. For my taste this object is quite kitsch so I agree with you...anyway I set the starting price at 0,99£ just to leave to the buyers the faculty to give a right value. Perhaps it's right a kitsch (luckily rare!)  subject that increases its value despite the poor quality of casting.

#6 cobalt

cobalt

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

I am no expert ,but it is in pretty bad taste but no doubt you will find  someone who  has interest in this, but doubt if you find it here.

The main aim of this site is to promote and develop hand crafted items  , share experiances  pass on information  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users