#11 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

Well my cheap grinder died on me. Just got a skil grinder on sale. how I can put the new disc to the test. 

#12 dugbee

dugbee

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Is something like this grinder disc the right way to quickly reduce the diamater of a thick branch so it is suitable for shaping/carving with hand tools?  

#13 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Is something like this grinder disc the right way to quickly reduce the diamater of a thick branch so it is suitable for shaping/carving with hand tools?  

Yes they work well. but they are very aggressive and it is easy to take to much. you may enjoy seein soof Mike Stinnetts youtubes.

https://www.youtube....blic&shelf_id=0

#14 dugbee

dugbee

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

Yes they work well. but they are very aggressive and it is easy to take to much. you may enjoy seein soof Mike Stinnetts youtubes.

https://www.youtube....blic&shelf_id=0

Wow his videos are amazing! I might try the Harbor Freight carbide cup wheel and practice before I invest in a disc like this. 

#15 Jnagz

Jnagz

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario , Canada

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Check out 'kutzall' .
Amazed by the quality of tools they produce . Have the extreme shaping dish in very aggressive and medium , both never cease to amaze. A little pricey but in a league of therr own compared to other discs . Other brand I've heard is good is sabur tooth

#16 Jnagz

Jnagz

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario , Canada

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

Check out 'kutzall' .
Amazed by the quality of tools they produce . Have the extreme shaping dish in very aggressive and medium , both never cease to amaze. A little pricey but in a league of therr own compared to other discs . Other brand I've heard is good is sabur tooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users