3 replies to this topic

#1 pete-c

pete-c

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:57 PM

Hi

My name is pete i am a retired engineer living in Sherborne Dorset who would like to take up stickmaking. Would like to meet up with like minded people in the area.

Regards

Pete

#2 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

Welcome aboard Pete. We do have a few British stick makers here but I don't know how close they are to you.

#3 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:48 AM

Welcome Pete. Hope your successful in finding someone local who you are able to trade knowledge with. There are some very helpful and talented stick makers and carvers here who can be a great wealth of information.

#4 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:51 AM

Hello  Pete and welcome to the forum. Many great stickmaker groups in the uk. I am a US member of the British Stickmakers Guild . https://thebsg.org.uk/  . They are a great group and have activities all around the UK. There is also a good group of stickmakers in a UK Facebook group " stickmakers& suppliers" . There are also a large group of You Tube videos By UK stickmakes. Just search "UK strick making videos YouTube.". I also recommend a book , " Stickmaking a complete course" By Andrew Jones & Clive George. I look forward to seeing your work.

Randy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users