#1 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

I have not been on the forum for a while and I am sorry to see the participation has slacked off as much as it seem to have. One of the things that I enjoyed was the active sharing and help that was here when I first singed on a few years ago. I would like to be part of building back that activity. There were a good mix of new and old stick makers all sharing and helping. I see there are still a number of that active group here and maybe if we can communicate and share more it will attract new stick marker. Other than on face book I think this is may be the only forum dedicated to just stick making in the US. There are other sites that have stick making sections but are not exclusive to walking sticks and canes. If you agree let me know.

Have a great day stick makers!!

Randy 

Edited by CV3, 22 November 2019 - 06:02 PM.

#2 Travis

Travis

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

During this last round of spam the form seems to have lost a lot of people. I hope that they will check in and notice it isn't an issue now and be back. Though I don't participate much this place was always a good place to see something new and learn or be inspired. 

• CV3 likes this

#3 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

I'm still here.  I've been busier than normal lately and haven't done as much with sticks as I like.  I am starting a new pair of crutches that will be interesting though.

#4 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

I'm still here.  I've been busier than normal lately and haven't done as much with sticks as I like.  I am starting a new pair of crutches that will be interesting though.

Good to see you still here Rodney. Look forward to seeing the crutches. I have nerve done a set of those.

#5 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

These aren't the forearm crutches I've been making.  They're called Kenny crutches after their inventor.  They look like a sawed off regular crutch with a leather cuff at the top.  The only place making them makes a titanium version for about $1500.  A little out of reach for most people.

First time for me making them so it'll be a fun project.

#6 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:43 PM

These aren't the forearm crutches I've been making.  They're called Kenny crutches after their inventor.  They look like a sawed off regular crutch with a leather cuff at the top.  The only place making them makes a titanium version for about $1500.  A little out of reach for most people.

First time for me making them so it'll be a fun project.

Looking up Kenny crutch I saw a “ How to build Kenny crutch”. YouTube. Looks like a interesting project.  Hope you will post your progress . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users