3 replies to this topic

#1 halfmoonranch

halfmoonranch

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:31 PM

It seemed as if I had only just signed up for this forum, when things spiraled out of control.

I had just finished making my first walking stick at the behest of my Wife and she began to suffer from 

severe leg pain.

She had fought bone cancer for 5 years and had already suffered a fractured right femur in 2017.

They did emergency surgery, she recovered, got physical therapy and life was back to normal, or at least

our normal.

This time it was the left femur, also at the point of a cancerous lesion.

They operated and she began to recover, but was unable to work with PT due to agonizing pain in her

shoulder and arm.

A few weeks later she began to show signs of confusion and I thought it might be an infection.

Unfortunately an MRI revealed that her cancer had metastasized to her brain.

3 Days later, on January the 16th, my beloved Wife Susie lost her battle with cancer.

I am thankful that she suffers no more and she smiles down from Heaven, but I am left with picking 

up the pieces of my life and starting over.

After 18 years together and 5 years being her caregiver, it will not be an easy task.

I ask for you prayers and I will be be back as soon as I can get past the initial phase of my grieving.

Thanks for listening,

Mark65040003 (1).jpg  

#2 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:37 AM

It seemed as if I had only just signed up for this forum, when things spiraled out of control.

I had just finished making my first walking stick at the behest of my Wife and she began to suffer from 

severe leg pain.

She had fought bone cancer for 5 years and had already suffered a fractured right femur in 2017.

They did emergency surgery, she recovered, got physical therapy and life was back to normal, or at least

our normal.

This time it was the left femur, also at the point of a cancerous lesion.

They operated and she began to recover, but was unable to work with PT due to agonizing pain in her

shoulder and arm.

A few weeks later she began to show signs of confusion and I thought it might be an infection.

Unfortunately an MRI revealed that her cancer had metastasized to her brain.

3 Days later, on January the 16th, my beloved Wife Susie lost her battle with cancer.

I am thankful that she suffers no more and she smiles down from Heaven, but I am left with picking 

up the pieces of my life and starting over.

After 18 years together and 5 years being her caregiver, it will not be an easy task.

I ask for you prayers and I will be be back as soon as I can get past the initial phase of my grieving.

Thanks for listening,

Our prayers go out to you and your family Mark. Not to long ago a dear friend lost his wife of many years in a car accident. As a friend I could only stand by as a friend letting him know we were there for him. A few weeks had gone by and we were working on a woodcarving when he looked at me and said he knew what he had to do with his life. Then he smiled and said it was his job to live a happy life he knew his wife would wish for him. That was his purposes now. I was surprised at first. But I knew that was what she would want. He has had some hard days but pulls himself back focusing on that. I only share this because I can see that having that attitude is leading him though his pain.

#3 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:29 PM

Sorry for your loss, Mark.

They're never really gone as long as they are remembered.

#4 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:50 AM

It has become time to move on. I check the forum almost every day. I hate that this site has died off. but when a month or so gos by and there are no new post it is no longer a forum. I invite who ever is interested to check out the Woodcarver illustrated forum. It is a active group of carvers covering a number of carving subjects including canes and walking sticks. I hope to see you there. https://forum.woodca...llustrated.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users