Blackthorn "Au Natural" Walking Staff (AKA "The Circle Of Life" Yin Yang Cane :-) - Walking Stick Modifications - Walking Stick Forum

Close
Photo
- - - - -

Blackthorn "Au Natural" Walking Staff (AKA "The Circle Of Life" Yin Yang Cane :-)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joejeweler

joejeweler

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY

Posted 31 March 2021 - 04:15 AM

Blackthorn "Au Natural" Walking Staff

(AKA "The Circle Of Life", Yin Yang Cane :-)

What is Yin / Yang   from: https://personaltao....at-is-yin-yang/

A starting definition: Yin / Yang: Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition, it’s unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves – yin/yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. Both halves are chasing after each other as they seek a new balance with each other.

I've owned this quite unusual Blackthorn walking staff for about 4 years, and  prior to committing to it, could immediately see the "possibilities" on the ebay listing. Frankly, I was surprised the stick was even for sale, and once I purchased it, ... was praying the seller wouldn't see the same "diamond in the rough" and cancel my purchase!

When it arrived, it had the usual black paint coating which I don't find attractive, and so stripped it along with the lacquer top coats that I most always do. Quite often I am surprised with just how wonderful the bark and color were before being buried in black,.....Urgh!

I may have taken photos prior to the shaping, modeling, and overall "augmentation" :-), but it will take a lot of time to find them. So for now the "before" photos are not available,....and you all will have to settle for the "after" pics.

After completing my labor of love, and a bit of reshaping the handle for more comfortable gripping,....just 3 or 4 coats of "Tru-Oil" was all that was needed to bring out the highlights, so to speak.  Never have two Thorns of a Blackthorn Walking Staff been so important in bringing to life the central details of major points of interest! :-) 

Allow me to present the Au Natural Blackthorn "Circle of Life" Walking Staff:

DSC02899 (4).JPG

DSC02899 (7).jpg

DSC02904 (8).JPG

My backside....

DSC02909 (2).JPG

DSC02903 (4).JPG

In these troubled times,....hope you all have a sense of humor..... :-)

Edited by joejeweler, 31 March 2021 - 05:28 PM.

• jno likes this

#2 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 31 March 2021 - 06:31 AM

Cool stick. 

For some reason I am reminded of the Larry the Cable Guy joke about his sister who came in first and third in a wet t-shirt contest.

#3 CV3

CV3

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 2796 posts
  • LocationMobile Alabama (USA)

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:37 AM

Blackthorn makes a great cane or walking stick. Each one is unique.  Nice stick, well done! 

#4 joejeweler

joejeweler

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY

Posted 01 April 2021 - 07:54 AM

Thanks guys,.. and some Blackthorn are Doubly Unique! :-)

Edited by joejeweler, 01 April 2021 - 07:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users