#11 littleknife

littleknife

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

The site is loading very slowly, and in some browsers (Safari) never completely.
I am using Google Chrome now, there there are no problems for me, aside from the slow loading.

Maybe the site owners have upgraded or changed the software and it does not support some browser versions any more.
The moderators/administrators could have done a better job communicating, for sure, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt - they might have personal problems or might be on a long vacation, and there might be no other one to take over.

Please don't leave yet, this will be a great loss to this community.
  • Sean likes this

#12 littleknife

littleknife

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

After several successful posts today, I have just experienced the same problem some of you described earlier:

I was unable to post directly.

I posted my previous post by clicking on the More Reply Options.

The post went through, but the program inserted some characters where I had originally just an empty line.

Evidently the site program does not work.  sad.png

I had the same problem with this post too. Using the More Reply Options feature again.  thumbsd.gif

#13 hazelwood

hazelwood

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

This must be fixed?

#14 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Sorry guys did this get fixed? If not bare with me and I will locate admin and have them address it. I apologize to you as being one of the mods on here I haven’t been on all that much lately.

#15 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

So this site has some very busy sister sites that have a much larger admin team to handle the member load. I have reached out to their admin team who run this site as well for some assistance in getting the issue resolved.
One of the reasons this site is not monitored as much is because of all of you. We are a well behaved group that doesn’t need as much monitoring and policing. However, other problems do occur occasionally like this one and need addressing. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sean
  • CAS14 likes this

#16 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Sean.  I'm going to resend the spam reports I sent earlier.  They haven't been cleaned up yet.

#17 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:38 AM

Ok thanks I did the ban hammer thing and cleaned them up. Thanks for reporting them.

#18 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:13 AM

Ok,
I need some help here guys please. We got some help here from Admin and need to see if that’s fixed the problem.
Mine has always worked here without issue so if a couple of you could let me know if we’re were having problems with it
that would be great?

Sean

#19 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

Mine has been working fine.  any problems I have are on my end.  Old, slow computer running a slowly dying Windows XP.

It was CV3 that was frustrated with the site.

• Sean likes this

#20 Sean

Sean

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Ok thanks. Will have to wait this one out and see if somebody that has been experiencing problems has been set right.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users