#1 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Had a guy contact me last week through my Etsy account asking if I could make something special. Apparently, he was making a full-size replica of Master Yoda from the Star Wars movies and wanted a real cane for him to hold. I looked through my stash of blanks and found one that was roughly the right shape, showed him a picture of it and told him what it would cost up front. He agreed, so I made it for him. I was kind of dreading that he wouldn't like it (but then again, I always do when selling one to someone who has only seen a few pictures; there's always something I'm afraid I haven't made clear enough in the photo or description)

Just heard back from him and he said he loved it. Pics are of the original blank, the pic he sent me of what it should look like, a work in progress shot and the final result.

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.JPG
  • 001.JPG
  • 008.JPG

Edited by dww2, 12 June 2019 - 06:15 PM.

#2 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

Not sure why the final pic isn't posting but here it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• 011.JPG

#3 Rodney

Rodney

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationCentralia, Washington

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:59 AM

Cool!  I know the feeling of being nervous about whether the customer will like your work or not.  I still haven't gotten over it.

#4 KenVA

KenVA

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:50 AM

Ohhh, a very nice cane have you made! LOL Looks like the one he had in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The one he had in later movies (set earlier in the Star Wars timeline) was more of a flat twist with a knob top.

#5 dww2

dww2

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I was hoping that wasn't the one he wanted because I don't have a blank which matched the overall shape. I checked my Etsy shop a couple of days later and he'd written a great review and gave me 5 stars for it.

Had another email this morning from someone else asking if I did commissions, so maybe this is something I will have to pursue more actively.

Edited by dww2, 18 June 2019 - 06:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users